2 bunches celery, chopped
1 can butterbeans, drained
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 pt chicken or veg stock
2 pt water
- Chop celery and place in large pan.
- Cover with stock.
- Add herbs and spices, bring to boil then simmer for about 30-45 mins.
- Add butter beans and cook for 15 mins more.
- Remove from heat and blitz until smooth.
- Dilute with water to required thickness, and season to taste – bring back to boil before serving.